I could write somthing that everyone would agree on. Like food, or money, or cars, music.. But what about Jesus? I would not be naive and think that my own insecurity, (or sin) is not at the root of this but, there seems to be a slight twinge of irritation that nags at the forefront of peoples minds when His name arises, even among Christians. But for Gods sake, let's be extra biblical today... "Woe to you , scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!" I will admit that I fall waaaaay short of the glory of God. Therefore I am a sinful man. Sin....... Thats another word that tends to make people feel uncomfortable. It must be offensive.... Anyways, the reason Jesus used language like that against the Pharisees was because they were vile on the inside but made their outward apperance all nice, waxed, and shiney to gain self righteous gratification. "You brood of vipers" Jesus called them out, rightly so considering their corrupt hearts toward God. Now to the main point; if this is true with the scribes and the Pharisees then it must be that I am just as corrupt as they are.
Isaiah 64:5 says " You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness, Who remembers You in Your ways. You are indeed angry, for we have sinned- In these ways we continue; And we need to be saved.
64:6 "But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags, we all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away."
I am in need of repentance, Simply put. I cannot say much more than the obvious. I am a scribe and a Pharisee. Vain attempts to gain Gods trust, (thinking me and God were "cool" with each other), all while doing deeds that soothed my own self righteous vigor, etc... It's not about us, it's about God.
Mathew 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: (this hits home for me) for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in." He is saying that this self righteousness gets you nowhere and it also drags people down with you. "Religion".. Anything added to the price that Jesus paid for (in full) for sinners on the cross is false and askew, because we have already been bought. Like trying to attain your own salvation by the things that you do instead of trusting in what Jesus accomplished for us on the cross. If you trust him and love him you will "work" accordingly to His will.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment