Friday, September 4, 2009

If I could so saturate my mind with this truth; my folly, would diminish. I would be subdued by grace, which esteems through the sin that covers my guilt laden heart. These doctrines of grace drive me to scripture, wherein Christ reveals himself. What Christian could object this? Someone who has actually had their heart turned toward God could not deny that Scripture is the foundation for their faith. I don't believe anyone would actually confess this but, passiveness in regards to reading Gods word, and thriving in it is the same as denying it. Just less noticible. We're all guilty of this to an extent. Some have desires for Gods word, others do not. Put simply; if I call myself a doctor but do not know the in's and out's of the human body, would I be a doctor? Potentially, but a true doc would be honest with him self and at least learn about what he was telling people, or assuming in his own mind. I guess the whole point of this for me is being true with yourself. I believe that the reason for this disconnect between a professing believer in Christ and scripture is the lack of teaching from their churches. When churches are basing all their efforts toward numbers and expierence, and lacking in teaching biblical doctrine, people are naturally not going to be inclined, or feel the responsibility to read Gods word. In effect we have professing Christians who know very little about what scripture says about the God their worshiping. Thus being passive, there is no urgency for clear vision into the Gospel of Christ revealed in scripture. If a flower dosn't get water or sunlight it will wither. The same principle applies to a Christian; Believe in Christ but not be fed by his Word, The result is the same. A flower withering. A confused and potentially perishing professing believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment